
I know it’s another random post, by your truly.
With the Jim Hallstrom clan taking an Alaskan cruise this year, I have been day dreaming a ton about what it is going to be like and the things that we will see. I have to be honest with everyone, other than family I am really looking forward to seeing the wildlife that Alaska has to offer. In fact very few things get me as excited as an opportunity to look at animals in the wild. Am I alone in this?
There have been many times where I have been in the comfort of my own home in the evening, and I have a desire to drive around to look at deer. I know deer is a common animal that most of us see every day, but man, I never get tired looking at them. I have also driven up Provo canyon with just a slight hope to see some of the moose herd that lives up there.
The other day I was golfing and I looked up to see a hawk circling above me. It was about 75 – 100 feet off the ground, really close. I watched as it was joined by another hawk. I was so memorized by it that I actually forgot that I was golfing. This is saying a lot.
In another life I would love to be a wildlife photographer or something that I could have a real excuse to find and watch these animals. Every year I tire Ali out with pleads to go to Yellowstone, and my sweet wife put up with it. (Love you baby!)
I am just amazed with the majestic beauty that Wildlife has. I don’t think I will ever get over it, sorry Ali….
8 comments:
Jon, we all know you are way more excited about the wildlife than seeing any of us. It's ok. We can't wait to go!
I definitely think wildlife is captivating. I am so jealous of your Alaskan adventure!
Mel,
So not true. But it is a close second! :)
We are hoping for some major adventures on this trip, so wildlife might be way down on the list!
It was funny to watch you stare at those hawks...your mouth was hanging open in a stupor that allowed all those flies to buzz in. And I totally kicked your golf ball 40 feet from where it was while you were distracted.
Here, Here! I love me some wildlife! Hey, remember that time we went to Yellowstone and saw that eagle flying with a big fish in its mouth? I think that was the highlight of the trip for me. We just don't get much wildlife here except for the occasional mongoose. Pretty darn cute, but not very impressive.
Oh, and duh, we have whales. Seeing a mother and a calf breach about 5 feet from the boat is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen.
I promise to be a totally dorky wildlife enthusiast with you in Alaska, Jon!! Can't wait!
That was awesome Juli.
Hey I love wildlife too, it's the loooong drive with the crazy kids that I'm not a huge fan of.
I personally can't wait to see some whales :)
oh fun! can i be part of the JH clan?...i have the blood!
Post a Comment