Thursday, July 3, 2008

Asher's Past Time


Jeff and Juli were so impressed with Asher’s gun handling abilities that they decided to send him off to work with Uncle Shawn for the rest of the summer. Shawn sent me a picture last night that I wanted to share with the rest of you. Asher is doing quite well and really coming in handy on those long convoys. Shawn was talking to the sergeant overseeing the summer program and he had this to say about Asher, “Apart from the frequent potty breaks and nap time, he is really good at popping the enemy at 65 mph. For him it’s like a turkey shoot or something. Daddy dun raised him right!”


I am so proud of little Asher, and the example that he is setting for all of us. He is really taking the “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country” to heart. So this weekend my hand will be over my heart for both Shawn & Asher. Boys you are making me proud.

7 comments:

ali said...

that picture is so sick. And I don't mean the "so you think you can dance" sick, I mean sick like disturbing. Did you notice that Asher is pointing the gun to that guy's head?

Poor Juli :)

What goes on in that pretty little head of yours?

Jonathan said...

*Special note - Asher is at the ready, not pointing at anyone in an US army uniform.

Thank You,

Juli said...

Oh My. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Is that bad?

For the record, I pitched a little fit and gave some nasty looks to Jeff for letting Asher pick that thing up in the first place. He's 3 years old, for crying out loud!

Oh, Jon. Natalie & Braden just walked in and saw this and, boy, are they confused. And more than a little distraught.

ty and megs said...

nice jon. i think we're all waiting to see what you come out with next. don't be surprised if all the cousins blogs go private now without inviting you, just to keep our pictures safe. :)

Melanie said...

I always knew Asher had it in him. I mean, those loving eyes hide a genius sharp shooter with a knack for finding the enemy and his favorite color is red...

Jill said...

Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon!

Kara said...

I have never been prouder to be an American.