I was up in Las Vegas (not my favorite place) for a work convention the other weekend, and I got a seriously sweet hook-up. There was a little last minute business that I had to get done for work, so I did not get to the hotel until 4:30 in the morning. I was tired, I was carrying my luggage, and I was not in the mood to be friendly. (As a side note, I find it very pathetic that the casino floor was still going strong this early in the morning.) As I get up to the registration counter to check in, they tell me that I have been “upgraded” and I am in a sweet.
I was not really all that impressed with this gesture because in today’s hotel world, they put out the room a little put a couch in the room and call it a suite. When in actuality the room is not much bigger than all the other rooms. So I thank her and go to my room. And this is what I saw-
I was not really all that impressed with this gesture because in today’s hotel world, they put out the room a little put a couch in the room and call it a suite. When in actuality the room is not much bigger than all the other rooms. So I thank her and go to my room. And this is what I saw-
Still not really impressed I just went into the room and found the bed and I just fell onto it and just went to sleep. The next morning I wake up and really confused, I felt like I was in some else’s room. This is what I woke up to:
(you could have fit 5 people in this shower easy)
I tell you guys it was crazy, I felt like Tom Hanks in BIG! I mean there was a hallway bathroom, the curtains in the Master Bathroom open & close by remote control, who stays in places like this? In life you win some, and you lose some, and that night I won! Even if it was for only one night.
6 comments:
um... that's not fair. I swear these things only happen when I'm not around!!
It's nicer than I thought!
Jon, when staying in Vegas YOU WANT THE SUITE!!!
woah! i think you found the spot for a hallstrom family reunion! we could all fit in one room! :)
seriously!!!!
Our townhouse looks almost just like that. Yup.
Holy Cow that is a HUGE room, and a great view out the window. :-)
Post a Comment