
First of all I wanted to apologize that I have posted in a while, I am sure that it will take a while for people even notice because I think I lost my readership. But work has been crazy and life somehow has been sped up and I feel out of control sometimes.
As some of you know last weekend I was in Las Vegas for work, and let me just say that the longer I spend in Vegas the more I don’t like it. The city is just full of crazy people, both drunk & undrunk, doing things that they would never do at home. Take a perfectly normal woman in her home town. I am sure they dress normal and somewhat modest, and probably respected. Put this same girl in Las Vegas for the weekend and she will wear hardly any clothes, drink more than she has ever drank before and top that all off, hang out with people that she would never be seen with at home. Trust me, men are no different. I know you are reading this thinking, Duh…. It’s Vegas. To that I would say, hence the reason why I don’t enjoy being there for extended periods of time.
For example, I was walking in the MGM Grand on my way to a meeting, I look over and there is a woman dressed in a string bikini that barely fit her. She was getting tons of attention from everyone and man was she soaking it in, like she was on the runway. It just bothered me to no end. Had the idea never occurred to her that maybe she should cover up??? Did she really look in the mirror and think, “oh yeah, that is the look!” Did she not know that it was a 10 minute walk to the pool? I mean honestly…
Thankfully work kept me so busy that I barely had enough time to sleep let alone walk around and “see the sights.” By the time the convention was over, I wanted out. It just blew me away the inhibition of some people. I am not a conservative, and I can get a little crazy at times, but some people have taken it and perfected it to an art form – being crazy.
Am I alone on this whole Vegas deal?
8 comments:
Babe-- you're a conservative. (just thought I'd let you know)
Most moderates or liberals in Utah would still be conservatives anywhere else.
Sorry I don't have any comments on Vegas other than Wendy wants to go back there.
Well, we are in the middle of a recession--perhaps people can only afford clothes made with less material? ;)
Sounds like the Vegas crazies would blend in fairly well at just about any of the high schools here.... =(
I don't like Vegas either. It is just not my town. Although now that I know you can feel comfortable wearing a string bikini in public I might have to reconsider.
glad you're back. and i'm with you on vegas. i can name about a million other places i'd rather be.
This reminds me of making fun of the Hawaii tourists that wouldn't be caught dead back in "the states" in the ugly aloha wear get ups we'd see them in!? Now that we have a Cheesecake factory in SLC, absolutley no reason to go there now.
Dude...I am with you. Vegas is only fun for very short periods of time.
There is a certian feeling of evil in Vegas, plus you go home reeking of cigarettes and with that annoying DING DING DING noise in your ears. Glad to have you blogging again Jon, but where are the cool photoshops? You had me with those...
Post a Comment