Ali left on Sunday, the very day that I was speaking in our ward. I am the second councilor in the Sunday School and I wish it was just a bell ringing job. We are teaching the ward how to be more effective teacher in the gospel. I love it, and fit right in line with who I am. After speaking I spent the next two hours in nursery with Axel, our youngest. Here is a video of him and how he loved nursery.
But to give him credit he soon turned in to this when he knew I was not leaving him:
Three days into all of this I realized something maybe I had forgotten. I had forgotten how much I love being a dad. Often time I get so caught up in being a provider for the family; I don’t take the time to appreciate the three wonderful blessings that the Lord blessed me with. Each one has made me laugh more than I have in a long time.
This is a picture of Greta telling me she dressed herself for preschool, someone forgot to tell her is was December.
This a video of some quality time Gabe and I had golfing a couple of days ago. I love that he loves the sport.
This is Axel sitting on his throne in his playpen. It’s really a Fisher Price “workshop” but try telling him that.
Another thing that this week has brought to my attention is how much I miss family period, and how again I am a crappy friend, cousin, brother, son, and nephew. I am so consumed with my world I forget all the incredible people that made me who I am today. I am sorry that I have not been better. I wish I could say that I have a valid excuse, but I don’t.
I came across a quote the other day that really impacted me. I’ve read it and re-read it many times and I’ll end this post on it.
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
Thank you for the role you play in my life, and know this is a sappy blog post, but ah well. I miss you guys.
11 comments:
What a sad face! Good luck with the kiddles!
you're an awesome cuz, cuz. none of my other cousins hosted a SYTYCD party. i mean, really.
fun to see you blogging again. do it again soon, ya hear?
Oh Jonny-we miss you guys! That first video of Axel made my heart break a litte. Thank goodness for the second clip of him getting his jig on. You are a great dad and I am glad you are enjoying your time. Give those little ones hugs from Auntie Jill!
Oh, Jon, you are such a darling! You are pure delight! Your children and Ali are lucky to have you in their world! What a fun post! Love you...
It's a well-kept secret that us mom's love being with our kids every day, despite our occasional whining and wiping of our sweaty brows. You're great to take over for a bit. Let's get all the cousins together soon!
This is a sweet post Jon. Glad you were able to spend such quality time with your kids. Also, you are a good husband to support your wife in a NYC shopping trip. Nice job.
Jon you made my day by posting pictures of those cute kids. Don't tell Kevin how great it is being home! It is a well kept secret we prefer not to be divulged.
loved this and love you! great post and glad to see your back in the blog world.
Ahhh...tender!
Awww. We love you guys, Jon! And don't worry, you'll always be my favorite crappy brother-in-law ;-).
you really are getting into this "mom" role...blogging and everything! it is a shame that life keeps us so busy that we can't work in everything we want...love you!hope there is more time in the eternities or that I will just be a better organizer!?
Post a Comment