When I was looking through Kevin & Melanie’s blog (let’s be honest, Kevin doesn’t blog), I came across an old post about a game that Kevin and Chris play. It the, “I bet you have not thought about this in 2 years….” The name says it all. Anyway, over my whirlwind trip around the Wisconsin and Minnesota, I had some time to think about the game and I came up with some sold entries, so here we go….
I bet you have not thought about this in the last 2 years……
1. Mrs. Emerson – the classic PE teacher
2. C&C Music Factory
3. Frank Dilemma’s Christmas Special
4. Andy Bumitie (sp)
5. Night Games
6. The Yogi Bear Christmas Special
7. Our cousin Mark asking us if we had McDonalds in Hawaii
8. Jeff’s gag gift to Kevin for Christmas one year
9. G & G’s fridges full of Soda & Juice
10. The movies – RAD & Gleaming the Cube
11. The TV Show Alf
There’s my list. It was really fun thinking about all of this, because most of my memories went to things that I am sure all talk about, but are classics in my mind.
1. Halloween @ G & G’s house and all the effort that she put into that night.
2. Not understanding why we had to get dressed in our best clothes to have dinner with our extended family.
3. Rett & I jumping the Hemiter building 4 Monday in a row. I hear it’s a ledged at Punahou even today. :)
4. Someone asked if we could include raspberries with the hot fudge Sundays. I took grandpa a few minutes to understand the idea. It was like someone was speaking Greek to him. Hahahaha
5. The way G & G Hallstrom’s house looked during the Christmas season – perfect.
Good time, I would love to be a kid again. Only if I don’t have to get dressed up again to see everyone…….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
thanks for the memories! and you can come and see us anytime. i wear my sweats pretty much 24/7, so no need to dress up and i'll even make you a hot fudge sundae, but i won't put raspberry sauce on it. even if you begged.
Such great memories! And I was totally trying to find yogi Bears Christmas and they haven't ever put it on DVD! You can buy the old tapes for 20+. Anyway, we are all blessed to have some amazing memories as a family-so fun! Love you:)
I am glad the game has caught hold of you. Around our house you frequently hear, "Bet you haven't thought of that in two years!"
I am pretty sure I jumped that building 5 times. And you are right...I have no idea what I am talking about.
But thanks for the memory of the movie "Rad". I loved that show. To be able to backflip a BMX bike...wow! Ultimate 80's.
Oh man, I can't believe you and Rett jumped off the gym into the pool, let alone 5 times. You crazy.
Ooh, I could really go for a hot fudge sundae right now......
RAD is a Maertens family staple!--Actually, I gave all my sibs the DVD for Christmas last year!
These lists made me happy. Oh, so happy.
Joke's on you, I think about #8 every Christmas. It's a classic tale ;)
hey, we accept jammies at our house...see ya soon!
Post a Comment